Hello all,

As most of you do, I use some IMs clients to chat with some friends. I would like the IM's main window (with my contact list) to go in a particular WFrame and chat windows in another. The problem is that both main window and chat windows have the same 'class' and 'instance' xprops.

I was wondering if a "name" winprop was available in ion3, or better, if we could identify a window out of its window tile (xprop 'name') regexp. Apparently this does not work and is not in the documentation but ion didn't scold me when I wrote
defwinprop {
    name = "My_IM_Main_Window_Title",
    target = "MainIMTarget",
}
in cfg_kludges.lua.

Would it be possible ? Is it already here and working, and I missed something ?
Have you ever wanted to do that, and how did you cope with that ?

Thanks,

--
Sylvain Abelard,
Epita promo 2008