Mark Grieveson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If there's nothing more specific than creating some xsession hack that
> writes something in some file, then I guess I'm shit outta luck.  And
> what's unclear?  Nothing.  The emperor's clothes are wonderful.

The idea, I think, would be to create an ion command that would write
something to a file (e.g., $HOME/.shutdown) and then exit.  Your
xsession would then use this to decide whether or not to shut down once
it receives control back from ion, I guess.  So it might look something
like:

#!/bin/sh

cp /dev/null $HOME/.shutdown

ion

if [ -s $HOME/.shutdown ]; then
  # insert appropriate shutdown command (presumably something
  # sudo-related) here.
fi

Personally, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this, so I don't
know if this is what you want or not.  The closest I could see myself
actually doing would be to modify the shutdown command in /etc/inittab
which runs when you hit ctrl-alt-delete to something that would halt
rather than rebooting.  Then ctrl-alt-f1 followed by ctrl-alt-del would
halt.

-- 
Jeremy Hankins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP fingerprint: 748F 4D16 538E 75D6 8333  9E10 D212 B5ED 37D0 0A03

Reply via email to