On Wednesday 21 March 2007 12:20:46 Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2007-03-21, Giles Constant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At risk of starting a flamewar, I personally dislike all the ctrl-k
> > shortcuts, so I reconfigured them.  I don't want to have to hit three
> > keys at different ends of the keyboard to do a simple action!  If you're
> > doing it repeatedly, it can get very clumsy.
>
> Try hitting Control+x and then some other key at the same end of the
> keyboard -- impossible, unless your hands are made of rubber.

I've got this lot.  I also disabled F3/F5/F6, because many apps use F3 
for "find next", F5 for "reload", and F6 for "highlight location bar" (in web 
browsers).

    kpress(MOD1.."XF86AudioNext", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc seek +00:00:10')"),
    kpress(MOD1.."XF86AudioPrev", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc seek -00:00:10')"),
    kpress("XF86Standby", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'xlock')"),
    kpress(MOD1.."T", "WRegion.set_tagged(_sub, 'toggle')", "_sub:non-nil"),
    kpress(MOD1.."A", "WFrame.attach_tagged(_)"),
        ^^^  got rid of the alt-k
    kpress(MOD1.."I", "WFrame.switch_next(_)"),
    kpress(MOD1.."U", "WFrame.switch_prev(_)"),
        ^^^ easy to switch around with the right hand.
    kpress(MOD1.."P", "WIonWS.goto_dir(_, 'above')"),
    kpress(MOD1.."N", "WIonWS.goto_dir(_, 'below')"),
    kpress(MOD1.."F", "WIonWS.goto_dir(_, 'right')"),
    kpress(MOD1.."B", "WIonWS.goto_dir(_, 'left')"),
        ^^^^ emacs-style window navigation
    kpress("XF86AudioLowerVolume", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'umix vol 4-')"),
    kpress("XF86AudioRaiseVolume", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'umix vol 4+')"),
    kpress("XF86AudioPlay", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc toggle')"),
    kpress("XF86AudioStop", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc stop')"),
    kpress("XF86AudioNext", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc next')"),
    kpress("XF86AudioPrev", "ioncore.exec_on(_, 'mpc prev')"),

Reply via email to