Hi, I've been using ion3 as my usual window manager for about 2 months
( maybe a bit less) and I've had no severe stability problem ( I just
saw a segfault that is now solved ), and the only thing I found to be
a pain is having to rewrite the config files almost every time I
re-emerge the ion3-svn.

And by the way, sholud the status bar be enabled by default ? I find
that it uses a big bunch of the screen for just showing some info...

By the way Ion3 is great.

Thanks.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:42:36 +0200, miGlanz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tuomo Valkonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No. The statusbar depends on way too big changes to start porting them
> > to ion2. (Most importantly, the split tree adaption code, which amounts
> > to about one thousand lines of code.)
> 
> Ok, few questions about ion3 then :)
> - is it much more resource consuming than ion2? (i'm using P200/128MB
>   right now)
> - is it usable for everyday work? (I know it's development version but
>   it doesn't mean it can't be run at all, does it?)
>   - let's assume I'd like to use ion-3ds-20040730
> - is there some kind of api documentation? (something like ion2's)
> - when do you expect to release stable version?
> 
> Thanks in advance!
> 
> --
> Best regards,
>  Kamil
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> To moze byc ekscytujace lato... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f181c
> 
>

Reply via email to