Hi!

I have installed firefox browser recently and encountered the bug you
mention in Ion FAQ (running firefox -remote ... doesn't work.) As I
don't like when things don't work I fixed mozilla-xremote-client so it
works properly with ion. Just in case someone wanted to use it - here is
the patch:

--- STARTS HERE
diff -ru mozilla.orig/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp 
mozilla.new/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp
--- mozilla.orig/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp     2004-04-08 
16:01:16.000000000 +0200
+++ mozilla.new/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp      2004-08-23 
22:44:34.000000000 +0200
@@ -215,8 +215,24 @@
     XGetWindowProperty(mDisplay, children[i], mMozWMStateAtom,
                       0, 0, False, AnyPropertyType, &type, &format,
                       &nitems, &after, &data);
-    if (type)
+    if (type) {
+      int status = XGetWindowProperty(mDisplay, children[i],
+                                      mMozVersionAtom, 0,
+                                     (65536 / sizeof (long)),
+                                     False, XA_STRING, &type,
+                                     &format, &nitems, &after,
+                                     &data);
+      if (!data)
+        continue;
+      
+      XFree(data);
+      data = 0;
+
+      if (status != Success || type == None)
+        continue;
+       
       retval = children[i];
+    }
   }
 
   // otherwise recurse into the list
--- ENDS HERE

-- 
Best regards,
 Kamil

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ateny 2004 w Internecie! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f182d

Reply via email to