On Apr 5, 2017 7:17 AM, "Taekho Nam via iovisor-dev" <
iovisor-dev@lists.iovisor.org> wrote:

Dear All,

I'm studying XDP for acceleation function.

I think that XDP appears to have been implemented only on Mellanox NIC,
ConnectX-3 Pro including specific network driver, mlx4. Is it right?

I wonder what NIC can support XDP.

Check the link below and scroll down to the 'XDP' section.

https://github.com/iovisor/bcc/blob/master/docs/kernel-versions.md

It seems the maintainers do a nice job keeping this page up to date.
(Though as I look at it I see Netronome isn't there so it might need an
update.)

I'm trying to search a supporting NIC list for XDP, but I couldn't find it.

So, I have two questions about XDP techonology.

1. Is it possible that XDP can be applied on Mellanox ConnectX-3 (not Pro)
NIC card?

I think it is possible because Mellanox ConnectX-3 is also using mxl4
network driver.

2. I had already two smart NIC from Netronome, Agilio CX 2x10GbE. It is
possible that XDP can be applied on Agilio CX from Netronome?

If it is impossible now, Does IO Visor project have a plan for support
another NIC card except for ConnectX-3, for example, Netronome Agilio CX?

If you have an answer for my questions, please give me some materials about
them or reply to me.

Best regards,

Taekho Nam.