Hello Brenden!

I’m not sure if it counts as an agenda item, but I’m interested in
recording process events using tracepoints, and I would like to know
what are the best practices when attempting to do so.

Due to project goals (endpoint monitoring) one of the requirements is
to avoid losing any event data.

It is probably not a surprise given the limits imposed by the verifier,
but I’m having trouble with variadic functions and long strings.

The following are some events I would like to capture with reasonable
success:

String padding, causing the string I need to be truncated:

bash -c “<padding whitespace> /bin/rm -rf /home”

Argument padding, causing the BPF program to not reach the last
elements:

sudo bash --verbose --verbose .. --verbose -c ‘printf
“SELINUX=disabled\nSELINUXTYPE=targeted\n” > /etc/selinux/config’

I thought about trying to (tail?) call additional BPF programs to work
around the second issue, but I’m not sure how to proceed with the first
one.

Thanks!

Alessandro Gario