Hi Kurt,

As Remi mentioned, enumerating the device/OS/version combinations you need to support is the first step.

I've recently done some work with HTML5 ajax submission of file data, but for desktop browsers and without iUI.

I'd love to see HTML5 file upload support integrated with iUI Ajax form submission. At this point, I'm not sure what the specific issues are for the various mobile devices and for iUI itself.

I see two possible approaches:
(1) Use the current iUI Ajax form support as a starting point and develop a patch for iUI (2) Use an external library or technique for Ajax form upload and bypass iUI form handling

For approach (1) I'm willing to work with you to get the patch accepted into core, if it can be done cleanly and lightly enough to make sense for all users of iUI. For approach (2), I'm interested in making iUI work better with other libraries for this type of functionality and would be interested in making iUI's form support "pluggable".

Regards,

Sean