-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James
Pearson
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 8:26 AM
To: Massimo Gaggero
Cc: ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] Strange problems on IBM x3455.

Massimo Gaggero wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm using ipmitool on IBM x3455 machines. It works well, until I
> send to BMC the command
> 'bmc reset cold'. After that, BMC loose the lan channel as 'ipmitool
lan
> print' and '
> ipmitool lan print 1' say:
>
> # ipmitool lan print
> Invalid channel: 255
> # ipmitool lan print 1
> Channel 1 is not a LAN channel

I've actually seen the opposite ... I've had to do a 'bmc reset cold' on

machines that say there is no lan channel to force it to be found ...
however, I can't remember if this is with IBM x3455 machines (we have a
number of these)

James Pearson

for just about anything Open Source.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216239;13503038;w?http://sf.net/marketp