From: Radu Gheorghiu [mailto:r...@pengooin.net]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 9:54 AM
To: Andy Cress; ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] IPMI on Dell PE-1750

Hello Andy,

Thank you very much for your reply. Indeed i had great succes with
ipmiutil on Dell PE-1850, 1950, SC1425, However PE-1750 is a bit
strange. It appears it does not have a LAN channel. By checking
dmidecode, i find this:
IPMI Device Information
         Interface Type: BT (Block Transfer)
         Specification Version: 1.0
         I2C Slave Address: 0x10
         NV Storage Device: Not Present
         Base Address: 0x00000000000000E4 (I/O)
         Register Spacing: Successive Byte Boundaries
         Interrupt Polarity: Active High
         Interrupt Trigger Mode: Edge
         Interrupt Number: a

By issuing ipmiutil lan i get this output:
ipmiutil ver 2.69
ilan ver 2.69
-- BMC version 1.80, IPMI version 1.0
This IPMI v1.0 system does not support PEF records.
This system does not support IPMI LAN channels.

Could it be that PE-1750 does not have a LAN channel? I find it very
odd.

Regards,
Radu