> Why SHOULD they respond ? Having all recipient of a multicast stream respond
> to something is not a good idea - you don't need an attack, as you would be always
>only

Well... because RFC 2463 section 2.4 point (e.2) wants you to?

The RFC names two exceptions to the never-respond-to-multicast rule: Packet
Too Big and Parameter Problem code 2. For the former there is a justification that
in this manner Path MTU selection may work for multicast as well. Note the
difference to v4, where longer packets would just have been fragmented
For Parameter Problem, no justification is given. But I agree, it is a
dangerous business...

Interestingly enough, for anycast the system can't support Path MTU selection
since point e.5 in the same RFC prohibits it.

Jari