>I think wireless LAN is more or less standard at IETFs now because there
>is a strong demand for it and many people use it.
>
>So lets all use IPv6 at the next IETF as much as possible and show there
>is a large demand and many people use it. I guess Itojun will provide
>usage numbers again. I hope those numbers show an increasing amount of
>IPv6 users at IETFs during the last few years.

        There are situations where IPv6 becomes mandatory at conferences -
        DHCP address pool shortage.  Because there are a lot of 802.11 users,
        and the number of laptop/802.11 users increase, it is getting harder
        to estimate # of users on wireless segment (with wired ethernet we
        could set an upper limit by # of wires).

        At USENIX annual few years ago, DHCP lease time was set to too large
        value, and DHCP address pool went totally sold out.  I was doing
        just fine because I used IPv6 :-)

>Maybe the 802.11b network in the ngtrans and ipng rooms should be
>IPv6 only :-)

        we should be IPv6-only at Tokyo IETF meeting, year 2002 :-)

>BTW, the last few years the RIPE staff have provided IPv6 connectivity
>at the RIPE meetings.

        great!  maybe we need to supply easy-to-setup configuration for
        terminal room team.  I'll be very happy to help.

itojun