>       RA preference is very useful in the following very simple situations.
>       your slide did not cover this, i believe this scenario is the most
>       popular case.

It could also be used for a protection against misconfigured RAs.  For
example, even if a user mistakenly sends unauthorized RAs (and
administrators cannot easily detect where the source of the RAs is
located), the RAs could be overriden by authorized RAs with a higher
preference.

Note that I don't argue this story can be applied for DoS attacks,
where the attacker would set the preference field to the highest
value.  However, if the unauthorized RAs are just a result of
misconfiguration, we can expect that the preference value is the
default value, which can be overriden by a higher value (according to
the draft).

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.