On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >According to ADDR ARCH, the anycast address has two restrictions:
> >*Anycast address MUST NOT be used as source address;
> >*Anycast address MUST NOT be assigned to an IPv6 host. - this seems
> >conflicts with the anycast definition.
>
>       I don't think they conflict.  you may want to check
>       draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-anycast-analysis-00.txt.

The analysis draft just clarifies what was meant.

Being pedantic, the RFC2373 text should talk about routers, not nodes.

Or better yet, the restriction should be removed as being a purely
operational difficulty that can be worked around.  I'd hope this would be
done before new addr arch draft goes out of the door (commented on it
already) and addrarch will be frozen again for a a couple of years.