On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > An important point to consider (perhaps not in this context, but in
> > general) is: how will communication between mobile nodes and
> > stationary nodes not implementing either BU processing or HAO work?
> > This is probably something that will occur in real life quite often
> > in the next few years.
>
> This is something that I was getting at.  If BU processing is not
> implemented, then wouldn't all packets be routed via the HA?

Not necessarily, AFAICS (if HAO-option is used).  Depends on how strict
your requirement on mobility (in this context, requirement for
non-breaking connections if IP changes; depends a lot on how architecture
is designed) is.

Do you see any flaws in my reasoning (this wasn't commented on) -- I think
this should answer some questions..

--8<--