In your previous mail you wrote:

   > => the state can be kept by the network access control system (which
   > cannot be stateless). And stateful firewalls are strictly more powerful
   > than stateless firewalls (this is not free of course).

   If the state is outsourced but changes rapidly, this is IMO a still
   stateful firewall..

=> but state loss has less impact...

   and we cannot rely on the existance of AAA, I think.

=> if you have to take the responsability of what nodes inside your domain
are doing, AAA existance is a reasonable assumption.

   > => I dislike all firewalls, but this problem is a threat against
   > ingress filtering so an ingress filtering solution is better.

   This is a problem that affects all filtering, not just ingress (for source
   address).

=> we speak about the source address hiding by reflection in DDoS using HAO,
i.e. how to use HAO to foul the ingress filtering used as a protection
against DDoS, don't we ?

   > PS: ingress filtering is not require, this is only a BCP.
   > There is no reason to be stricter.

   Filtering is a reality that is here to stay.  In the hostile world, we
   cannot deny or ignore that.

=> my argument was about the word mandatory in your original message.

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]