Title: demand for end-to-end communication?

Hi,

Can indirect communication (such as ICQ, MSN messenger, etc.) beats end-to-end communication?

We've been saying for quite a long time how NAT (or others alike) disturbs end-to-end characteristic though it does slow IPv4 address consumption while Internet grows exponentially, and IPv6 would restore that back with its unexhaust space.

But, does people really demand that characteristic?  What if they have just stayed with where they live?

For day-by-day communication (voice calls, video conferences, etc.), the indirect services seem have offered VoIP solutions without further consume scarce address space.  I know indirect communication would expense double bandwidth.  But, what if people just doesn't care?

Moter