This is getting too implementation-specific, so I guess we had better kill
this thread, at least from here...

> allows you to add as many auto-tunnel pseudo interfaces as you'd like.
> For example, try:
>
>   # ip add tun1 mode sit remote R1 local L1
>   # ip add tun2 mode sit remote R2 local L2
>   # ip add tunn mode sit remote Rn local Ln

Autotunnel/6to4 interfaces by definition don't have specific destinations;
this is useful for configured tunnels, though.  (This is how configured
tunnels are created e.g. with probably most distributions).

> and you should see n-many 'tun' pseudo-interfaces pop up when you
> issue the command: 'ifconfig -a'. (Above, Ri and Li represent the
> remote and local IPv4 addresses assigned to pseudo-interfaces 'tuni'
> for 1 <= i <= n). The 'sit0' is simply there as a "base" upon which
> multiple pseudo-interfaces may be layered.

Multiple pseudo-interfaces should be possible, yes.  But being built this
way, the kernel performing security checks cannot know which interface is
which.