On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Bob Hinden wrote:
> Another approach is add text to make it clear that when there are multiple
> administrative domains involved that the preferences can only be compared
> it they are being set in the same manner.  I don't think there is any
> simple automatic way of doing this (and I think we would want to avoid some
> sort of policy certificates....).
>
> This is probably another reason why only a few preference values are needed.

Well, it would be possible chop off a few more reserved bits (e.g. 2), and
make this "domain of applicability" preference: two preferences would only
be valid inside the same "domain" class.

But this relies on the advertising parties making this right.. and
otherwise sounds like a bad (==unnecessary) idea too.