In your previous mail you wrote:

   1) Is it safe to assume that all IPv6 prefixes will be between 16
  and 64 bits long?  The current allocation of IPv6 prefixes seems to
  require Aggregatable Global Unicast Addresses, which restricts the
  prefixes to this range.

=> if this seems to be safe today you may *not* assume this will
remain safe in the future, conclusion: this is not safe.

   2) Is it possible for two hosts with the same interface ID (lower
  64 bits) to have different prefixes (upper 64 bits) in their
  addresses?  The v6 standards indicate that the interface ID does not
  always have global scope, so the answer appears to be yes.

=> yes, I know at least 10 boxes with the 1 interface ID and near
the same number with 2. But I believe there are hundreds or thousands...
(BTW only a small fraction of them are hosts (i.e. not routers))

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]