On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Peter Bieringer wrote:
> --On Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:05:27 AM -0800 David Terrell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:44:03PM +0100, Peter Bieringer wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> during implementing bit-string label support in "ipv6calc" I run
> >> (for me) into a problem and found no example.
> >
> > Save your energy, bit-strings are being deprecated in the ip6.arpa
> > tree.
>
> Is this an official statement? Who tell this all very modern
> resolvers...

There are no official statements, but you may want to look at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-ipv6-addresses-00.txt

or minutes from Dnsext/ngtrans joing meeting in IETF51 in London.

No resolvers as such (used by default in operating systems) that I know of
implement A6/DNAME; BIND9 lwres and friends are the only ones I think.