-----Original Message-----
From: Hesham Soliman (ERA) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 3:34 PM
To: 'FIELD,GEOFF (A-Australia,ex1)'; Karim El-Malki (ERA); 'Margaret
Wasserman'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Making ND Optional [Was RE:
draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-00. txt -> wg last call?]

Geoff

  > > P.S. As a note the RNC, Node B, SGSN have nothing to do with
  > > what we're
  > > discussing and they're not involved in any of the IPv6 mechanisms
  > > discussed so far.
  >
  > In point of fact, these three devices sit between the host
  > (terminal)
  > and the Internet, so they have to at least carry the data.  I'm
  > reasonably certain that at least one of them (probably the SGSN)
  > will have to act as an IPv6 router for the purposes of connecting
  > to the terminal.

=> No. The GGSN is the default router. Nothing else
>is seen by the end host. So in this discussion
>we should be concerned with the Host (UE in 3GPP specs)
>and the default router (GGSN) for all link-local
>issues.

Not true.

The host sees GGSN only through PDP context pipe if PDP context is set to IPv6/v4 type.

Through control plane it is talking only to SGSN, which handles entire call control
and mobility management (distinct from mobile IP).

Andrew