Pekka,

Thanks for the suggestion about separating the drafts.  There is a need to
more clearly specify what is required for "configuration-only" DHCP
service.  (There is also a need for a better name; suggestions, anyone?)

I agree with Bernie that writing two separate specs wouldn't be a good
idea; I think there would be a lot of overlap between the two specs.

What about an "applicability statement" (in a separate doc) that describes
in detail how a "configuration-only" client and server would operate?  It
might be as simple as "implement these sections of the DHCPv6 spec"?

- Ralph