[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, I guess that's OK as long as 3GPP are happy referencing an obsolete
> (and superceded) document. What I mean is, will the reference to the
> Informational document still make sense when people come to implement this?
> Will they know where to look for the up-to-date information?

I believe both IETF and 3GPP have an obsoleted-by process. So, if a reference
to the cellular host informational RFC is made from the next 3GPP release,
a future release would reference over Foo and general node requirements document,
if those are available at the time that this standards release is made.
Same in IETF, an RFC can become obsoleted by a new RFC (or RFCs?).

Jari