On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> I don't have a problem removing compatible addresses from the addressing
> architecture, but I also don't think it is required.
> Once RFC2893bis blows it away its gone whether or not the addressing
> architecture contains the defintion for compatible addresses.

I suggested removing compat-addrs earlier, but it didn't get support from
Bob.. perhaps now it's a better time.

IMO, if the aim is to get rid of compats in RFC2893bis, talking about
compatible addresses in new addrarch (which is draft standard, so it'll be
around for a long time..) is just plain confusing.