> > e.g. I am developing SCTP and would only like to receive ICMP
> > _error_ messages for SCTP.  i.e. I would like only packets in which
> > the offending IPv6 packet has a Next Header field == IPPROTO_SCTP
> > in the IPv6 header.

Isn't there already last error or something, that you could query from
the SCTP socket. That error would be the last ICMP error specific to
that socket.

Or, there is no such feature in sockets? It would be a sensible
feature for the stack to route ICMP errors that are specific to a
socket to the specific socket.