It seems to me that the important point is that a host needs
to assert something about the strength of security it requires.
This is a property of a host, not a property of an address.
I become more and more convinced that asserting this property
via an address bit is both unnecessary (it can be done by
a header field that is equally subject to authentication)
and undesirable (overloading).

   Brian