> The assumptions required to mount a plausible case where the bidding
  > down scenario (as interesting a theoretical problem as it is) can
  > actually apply in some way, and especially where allocating
  > an address
  > bit to help avoid id would work, are simply out of this world.

=> Just so I can understand your point, could you
say why. And I mean for the particular applications
we've been discussing (ND, MIPv6 ...etc)

  > That said, of the two current proposals to define a bit to
  > have special
  > meaning in the IID part of an address, this one is much
  > more rational
  > than the other one - that is, to have a bit that says "this IID is
  > unique".   That one is even more absurd.

=> I agree that it doesn't make any sense to have
a bit in the iid that says it's globally unique.
Historically maybe it did, but right now it's
obviously useless.

Hesham