[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> On a given IPv6 Interface on a router, I understand that it is allowed
> to configure a global unicast address with an Interface_ID
> which is *different* from the Interface_ID of the Link Local Address.
>
> - is this something that should be discouraged
> or instead
> - can this be considered as normal practice e.g. for operator
> convenience ?

One could also envision using multiple interface IDs on a single
interface to (auto)configure multiple addresses on that interface
using a single prefix.  For example, a host receives a single global
prefix from its router and configures multiple global addresses using
that single prefix.

-Sebastien