From: Pekka Savola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > extra work to all IPv6 implementors.  It is not so easy to implement
> > > RO (which means implementing the RR procedure and BCE management).
> >
> > from another implementor's point of view, this is nonsense. a lot
> > of emphasis has been placed on the current MIPv6 internet draft to
> > minimise the work the CN has to do. I can get you some code, if you
> > think it is so difficult to implement.
>
> Please show.  Is it 50 lines, 100?

I hope it  easy.

In my code (though I did not implemented any RR code yet),

a binding cache management requires 250 lines or over.
an extension header management requires 800 lines or over.
plus some header files.

I did not count any lines which was required to modify to support CN
functions on the existing code (such as ip_input/output,
nd_input/output, etc..).  The final code will be greater than this.
Again, I did not implemnted RR yet.  I don't have a concrete idea how
many lines do we need to implement RR.  It may be trivial or...

# of course, it depends on implementors if this number is big or small...

Best Regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
KAME Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>