>After some discussion on the list, I'd like to
>propose the following text for MLD in the cellular
>host draft:
>       2.9 RFC2710 - Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) for IPv6
>
>       MLD may be supported by cellular hosts.
>
>       2.9.1 MLD in 3GPP networks
>
>       Within 3GPP networks, hosts are connected to their
>       default routers (GGSN) via point-to-point links.
>       Consequently, hosts cannot communicate directly with
>      each other using link-local addresses. Hence, joining
>      multicast groups for link-local multicast addresses is
>      not required. However, MLD is required when hosts run
>      applications that need to join multicast groups whose
>      scopes are larger than the link scope.

        i still don't understand why you are trying to impose additional
        restriction for link-local multicast groups (maybe i'm dumb).
        without MLD joins for link-local multicast groups, default routers
        won't be able to know which multicast group the 3GPP node is
        interested in.  there's no special text available in RFC2710 for
        p2p links.

itojun