>> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> For the record, you've yet to persuade me that these schemes are
>> aggregatable in the real world of competitive ISPs.

> Tony Hain wrote:
> I understand the concern, but it comes down to a matter of
> cost/benefit tradeoff. If a geo scheme turns out to be cheaper to
> maintain than an ever expanding table full of holes, it will be
> deployed. The task at hand is finding *any* scheme that will
> create provider independent addresses in an operationally sound
> way.

Agree with Tony.

Brian, I don't expect a miracle in terms of aggregation initially. ISPs
will aggregate only if they find a gain in it. But if there is a gain,
they will.

If your concern is that they will not cooperate because they would not
want to announce a prefix that contains addresses that belong to their
competitors, I have addressed it in a reply to kre a few minutes ago.

Michel.