>> the co-existence of ip6.int and ip6.arpa tree will require us to:
>> query ip6.arpa;
>> if (no record)
>> query ip6.int;
>> for backward compatibility.  was it taken into account, or did you
>> test just "ip6.arpa" lookups?

>       I checked the source code for BIND 9.2.1, and IIRC it checks
> ip6.int first and then ip6.arpa second.  This allows us to stand up
> ip6.arpa whenever, and then once that is set, we can tear down
> ip6.int.

What exactly do you mean by BIND 9.2.1?

1. the resolver library under lib/bind
2. the resolver routine in lwresd
3. both 1 and 2
4. others

In my understanding (I've quickly checked the code again, too), both 1
and 2 only tries ip6.arpa with bitstring labels.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]