Yes, this is an issue with per-socket configuration of source address
selection. I haven't figured out a great solution. Obviously one can
imagine passing flags to getaddrinfo but that isn't so attractive.

For the temporary vs public addresses, this isn't a big deal because the
temporary vs public rule 7 is so low on the list and usually the choice
won't affect the common prefix length of the source address with the
possible destination addresses. In other words, the choice of the
destination address will not be affected if the source selection that
happens inside destination address ordering is not configured properly
for temporary vs public.

For the home vs care-of addresses, it is more of a problem. I don't have
enough operational experience with that aspect to have much preference
for a solution.

Rich