Date:        Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:56:48 +0900
    From:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  |     these days FTP client/server implementations are picky about endpoint
  |     address, and we need to use the same address pair for control and
  |     data connection (to avoid FTP bounce attack).

Yes, fine.   (Personally I still like 3 way FTP but that's not important
here).

  |     therefore, FTP client
  |     side shouldn't use temporary address for the control connection.

No, temporary address is fine there, unless the overall FTP session will
last longer than a week (the valid lifetime of a temporary address using
the suggested timers)

  |     (apparently, server side shouldn't)

Yes, that one is kind of obvious - temporary addresses are for a form of
identity hiding, it makes no sense to hide the identity of a server.

But this isn't because of deprecated address rules, just common sense.

kre