All,
     Several people have mentioned the conflict that exists between
the MLD spec (RFC 2710) and NDP (RFC 2461).  NDP requires nodes to
join the solicited-node multicast address in order to perform Address
auto-config.  However, MLD requires the source IPv6 address to be a
valid link-local address.  So, I have cobbled together a short draft
to clarify the source address selection criteria for MLD.  It only
applies to 2710 (not the MLDv2 draft that already takes care of the
problem).  The draft is available in the draft repository at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mld-source-00.txt.

     Comments should be directed to me or the magma mailing list.

Brian