>> 1) What work has been done with regards to specifying an API for
>>    setting the Traffic Class fields? Anything other than the IPv6
>>    APIs?
>There was draft-itojun-ipv6-flowlabel-api-01.txt (April 2001).
>itojun may want to comment.

        the API for traffic class field is merged into 2292bis.  see 2292bis
        for exact wording i've put in.  basically ECN bits specified by user
        can be overridden by the kernel, if the kernel implements ECN
        mechanism (like for TCP).

        i stopped updating draft-itojun-ipv6-flowlabel-api-01.txt as there were
        a lot of discussions on flowlabel semantics, like
        draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-03.txt.
        my plan was to re-start on the API side once the flowlabel semantics
        discussion gets completed.  btw, i don't think flowlabel relates to
        diffserv, am i right?

itojun