From: James Kempf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 10:41 AM
To: Bound, Jim; Brett Pentland; Thomas Narten
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Changing RS Reply Timing for Mobile IPv6

Jim,

We have numbers for standard MIPv6 v.s. optimized MIPv6, where optimized
uses the 802.11 reassociate for a link up trigger to cause the RS. There
is a substantial decrease in packet loss, on the order of the router
beacon. This requires us to set MAX_RTR_SOLICITATION_DELAY and
MAX_RA_DELAY_TIME to zero. We have not implemented the optimization
described in the draft yet.

            jak