The rfc2553bis draft introduces the IPV6_V6ONLY socket option to let
applications limit the use of an ipv6 socket
to ipv6 communication only. I think a better(more generic) solution would be
a generic socket option which says "my family only".
There could be "SO_ONEFAMILY" or similar generic socket option to do that.
The idea is that if we have a socket
and we want to restrict it to IPv6 or IPv4 (or some future IPvX) we'd have a
way to do that.

I don't know if this idea has been already discussed here... (I checked only
the last couple of months).
I'd like to know what people think about it.

Thank you,

Kyle C Quest