Just trying to catch up on email... a few comments below.
I've already seen other people answering most questions in the
same way I would, so (as another individual who supports this
draft going forward) I'll concentrate on responding to other
points.

Margaret writes:
> I think that it should be required (a MUST) that nodes that
> implement this specification provide a method to override the
> default values manually.

I support this suggestion.  (Others might suggest removing
the word "manually".)

Pekka writes:
> Options a) - c) should be sufficient to describe how the routing
system
> will get the information.  Perhaps it should be reworded to be
something
> like:
> d) Developing an "announcement" protocol [...]
>    [...].  However, the three first mechanisms should
>    cover the necessary techniques sufficiently for most cases.

I would support this suggestion as well.

Jonne writes (responding to Pekka):
> I do not really see what harm would three addresses do. You may have
> networks that would have only one DNS server (small business or a home
> user with for a reason or another his own DNS server). However, in
cases
> like ISPs or bigger businesses there may be multiple DNS servers
> configure. I believe this is the case even now.

Correct.  Three was chosen based on common practice in the many places
in the industry.  While it's true that if the first one fails, that
it's unlikely the second one will succeed (due to there really being
no DNS server at all), using multiple addresses is important so that
when ones do exist, the host can fail over to a second server more
quickly than routing converges.  More on this below.

Rob writes:
> My main objection was and remains that this mechanism, if used, moves
> state away from the endpoints and into the network in a way that
cripples
> the resolver's ability to keep track of which of the name servers it
is
> using are performing properly, since the binding between any
particular
> well-known-address and the name server behind it might change at any
time
> and since there is no mechanism by which the resolver can find out
that
> such a change has taken place.

The above objection appears to be against anycast addresses.  This
draft is about *unicast* addresses, not anycast addresses.  Hence, no
such
change can take place.  The use of 3 unicast addresses is specifically
to enable the resolver to keep track of which of the name servers it is
using are performing properly.

-Dave