[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Pekka,

I might a bit hesitant to add a MUST for MLDv2, as MLDv2 is new and much more code than MLDv1; rather like MUST for MLDv1 as above, SHOULD for overall MLDv2.

I tend to agree, but I am not an expert in MLDv2, so I just want to know what will break if nodes don't impelement it.
Nothing will break.  New implementations that support MLDv2
can, if necessary, fall back to MLDv1 in the presence of
older versions.

I don't think code size should even be considered.  MLDv2
is a more robust protocol that allows for newer functionality,
like SSM.

Another point to consider is that RFC 2710 (MLDv1) will not
progress beyond Proposed Standard.

If the point of this document is to tell new implementors what
they should implement, then my feeiling is that the group
management protocol should be MLDv2.

Regards,
Brian