Hi Erik,

there's a set of cases where the MN uses Localized mobility management
such as HMIPv6 and can use only site locals within a set of access
networks.

The MN is reachable through a regional care-of-address which is
globally scoped.  In this case, communication within the access network
uses the site-local address for communication, and global communication
relies upon tunnelling to the HMIPv6 LMM Agent.  Similarly, site-locals
from the home-network are tunnelled over the global Internet.

Simple classification based on received/transmit interface (virtual
tunnel
or phy interface) could be used to distinguish between site-local zones.

As far as normal non LMM managed MIPv6 goes, it's pretty clear that
using
site-locals for a care-of-address is only valid if you're not connected
to the Internet.  Home network site-locals once again are tunnelled, and
may be distinguished from more mundane traffic.

I'm not sure if this is complete, but I don't see it's that
problematic.

Greg Daley