"Michel Py" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|I agree with Charlie.
|
|There could be another model, where the end-site would request the block
|to one of their ISPs and the ISP access the IANA or RIR web site on
|behalf of the customer.

Let's not encourage ISPs to be in the address allocation business any more
than necessary. :)  Besides, what if you don't have an ISP?

|I think that RIRs would be more comfortable with
|this.

We need to get them back in the habit of dealing with consumers. :)

|Also, there is nothing that says that we can't have both Pekka's almost
|unique *and* something like what I proposed which is completely unique
|at the same time.

Absolutely.  What's the point of all these wonderful prefix bits if you
don't use them?

                                Dan Lanciani
                                ddl@danlan.*com