> There seems to be an assumption that provably unique SL addresses would be
> needed.

Perhaps this is a silly comment, but excuse me, I remember a very
similar proposal by Paul Francis at an IETF meeting a few years ago.
At that time the wg should have rejected the idea, but I didn't
remember the details about the discussion and the reason why the idea
was rejected.  Anyway, we may be able to learn something from the
experience (not to waste time, not necessarily to reject the idea
again).  I'm sorry, but I don't have time to dig the minutes or ML
archives on the discussion for now.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.