Hi Ari,

At 12:58 PM 12/13/2002 +0000, aridaman  kaushik wrote:
Hi all,
I am novice to Ipv6. I have doubts regarding tunnelling.

1. What is meaning of enabling/disabling of tunneling. Is it means ceartion and deletion of tunnels.
I am not sure of the context in which you are asking the
question...

Tunneling is usually implemented so that the tunnel appears to be
an interface, from the perspective of the stack.  So, the tunneling
interface could be administratively enabled or disabled.

Some implementations may also offer you the option of whether to
enable or disable the tunneling feature at compile time, or through
system configuration.

If you can provide more context for your question, I may be
able to provide a more complete answer.

Margaret