Hi Keshava,

At 09:24 PM 12/22/2002 +0800, Keshava Ayanur wrote:
Hi,
        Can I get more information IPV6 FIB?
        Other than 3 fibs (link,site,global) do we need to have anything
        for multicast .
There is no need to have a link-local FIB, as packets to/from link-local
addresses are never forwarded.

An intra-site node (one that is not capable of being used on a site
border) will need to have two conceptual unicast FIBs (one site-local,
and one global), although it is possible (if desired) to implement them
as a single table.

A site-border node (a router or a multi-interface host that can be
used on a site border) will need to have one global unicast FIB,
and multiple site-local unicast FIBs, one for each attached site.

In most cases, I believe that a mutlicast FIB (if present) will be
separate from the unicast FIBs.

        More information about IPV6 Fib design document/information
        Will be help full.
If you haven't read it already, you should read the IPv6 scoped
address architecture which can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-04.txt

Margaret