Mika Liljeberg wrote:
Hi Brian,

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 00:03, Brian Haberman wrote:

The RR mechanism for anycast already requires the ability to use
the anycast address as a source address.  If we can get agreement
on lifting that restriction, I like the idea of keeping changes
out of TCP.

I just spotted the following: the RR mechanism sends HoT to the anycast
address. How does that work? It might go to a completely different
server.
There is an assumption that there won't be a routing change on
the anycast address between the first TCP SYN and the HoT.  Given
the other problems a routing change would have, I feel it is a
reasonable trade-off.

Brian