Sorry, I mistyped on or the other of the two revision dates...

The inetCidrRouteNextHopType is needed, because the two IP addresses
may not be the same type.  Although they both have to be the same
IP version (v4 or v6), they may have different IPv6 scopes (i.e.
one could be global and one non-global).  So, we need two different
types for the two different addresses.

Margaret