Siva Veerepalli wrote:
At 02:32 PM 2/27/2003 -0500, Brian Haberman wrote:

MLD-snooping switches is the biggest reason.

Ok. So, it seems like there would be no need to send these reports for link-local multicast on point-to-point links. Should this clarification be made in the IPv6 over PPP RFC?

How many implementations of MLD pay attention to the link-type of the interface? All the MLD codebases that I have seen are interface-type agnostic and treat them all the same. I don't see the benefit of revving RFC 2472 to change this behavior.

Regards,
Brian