Naiming Shen wrote:

> i know of some companies employee can be fired by surfing the
> Internet during work hours. i would think those employee love to
> have private addresses on their workstations and no NAT devices at
> all, just in case they don't "accidentally" get fired. you can
> have many use of private address without NAT involved also.

Either do ip -6 ro add default ::1
Or disable your DNS to be able to do global lookups.
Or pull the plug from your uplink.
Or ...

This is a firewalling and more over a personal issue.
I could just as well flip out my new IPv6 Cellphone and browse
the web with that. If the employee really wants to he will.

If you don't want to get to the internet on a network just
don't route it. Nobody stated that allocated prefixes should
be routed onto the internet now did they?

I don't see any reason whatsoever why having a special address
space set aside for a reason like this could have any advantage.

Greets,
 Jeroen